Winter Service and Emergency News
Last updated: 13/12/2017 20:38:46
This page is used to supplement the Traffic News page. The information provided is updated 24 hours a day, as necessary, with Winter Service details and roads related emergency situations.
Some wintry showers have crossed the province this evening and road temperatures are forecast to drop below zero overnight. Salting of roads on the scheduled salting network has been carried out or is in progress and will complete tonight. A showery band of rain, sleet and hill snow is then forecast to cross the province later tonight/ early morning. This may cause problems with salt wash off in some areas. Our engineers will continue to monitor weather and road conditions through the night. Road users are advised to exercise caution when travelling especially on untreated roads and are reminded that even when salting has been undertaken ice-free roads cannot be guaranteed so please travel with care.
Wednesday/Thursday - Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Northern Ireland
- Yellow Warning of Ice for Northern Ireland valid between 16:00 Wed 13th and 11:00 Thu 14th
- East Belfast: Montrose Street, off the Albertbridge Road remains closed after the collpase of a derelict building.
The items below refer to locations that are still affected by the August 2017 flooding event.
Co Londonderry Roads Closed
- C555 Iniscarn Road, Draperstown – Closed. Diversion in place
- B49 Church Street Claudy – Collapsed bridge
- U1180 Glenrandal Rd, Park – Collapsed bridge
- U1166 Ballybogie Rd Drumahoe
- U1136 Gorticross Road Drumahoe is closed.
Co Tyrone Roads Closed
- C624 Camlough Road, Creggan
- U1232 McConnell’s Branch Road off Gorticashel Rd, Glehull,Omagh
- U942 Aghaginduff Road, Killeeshill, due to collapsed culvert. Repair works will take approximately 4 weeks and local diversions are in place.
In the event of flooding, if anyone is in need of rescue dial 999 otherwise telephone the Flooding Incident Line on 0300 2000 100. The Flooding Incident Line provides a single point of contact to report when property is flooded or flooding.