Winter Service and Emergency News
Last updated: 18/10/2017 20:47:40
This page is used to supplement the Traffic News page. The information provided is updated 24 hours a day, as necessary, with Winter Service details and roads related emergency situations.
Nothing to report.
Glengormley: There has been a collision at the junction between Antrim Road and Ballyclare Road. Ballyclare Road is closed at Glencairn Drive, Antrim Road is closed at Ballyclare Road and Portland Avenue is also closed at Carnmoney Road. Avoid the area if possible.
Larne: Lower Cross Street has been closed to vehicles from Dunluce Street to Main Street due to a dangerous building (roof material falling off).
- East Belfast: Montrose Street, off the Albertbridge Road is closed after the front of what appears to be a derelict building collapsed. The road will be closed to facilitate placement of safety measures.
Ballydonnety Road, Downpatrick - Road Closed awaiting BT works
Creighton's Green Road, Holywood. Road Closed - fallen tree
The items below refer to locations that are still affected by the August 2017 flooding event.
Co Londonderry Roads Closed
- C555 Iniscarn Road, Draperstown – Closed. Diversion in place
- B49 Church Street Claudy – Collapsed bridge
- C504 Kilnappy Rd Drumahoe
- U1180 Glenrandal Rd, Park – Collapsed bridge
- U1165 Drumahoe Rd, Drumahoe is now open one way (city bound)
- Fincairn Road, Drumahoe, Closed due to landslip
- U1166 Ballybogie Rd Drumahoe
- U1136 Gorticross Road Drumahoe is closed.
Co Tyrone Roads Closed
- C611 Corramore Rd Plumbridge
- C624 Camlough Road, Creggan
- U1232 McConnell’s Branch Road off Gorticashel Rd, Glehull,Omagh
- U942 Aghaginduff Road, Killeeshill, due to collapsed culvert. Repair works will take approximately 4 weeks and local diversions are in place.
In the event of flooding, if anyone is in need of rescue dial 999 otherwise telephone the Flooding Incident Line on 0300 2000 100. The Flooding Incident Line provides a single point of contact to report when property is flooded or flooding.