Welcome to TrafficwatchNI
Traffic Information Service
General Traffic News
Traffic is flowing well at the moment and no delays have been reported
For ' Winter Service and Emergency News' click on the blue button to the left of the screen.
B170 Ballysallagh Road-CLOSED
In North Down the B170 Ballysallagh Road is closed in the interest of public safety from Crawfordsburn Road to A2 Belfast Road – The low bridge has been damaged - while local diversions are in place, planning your journey to avoid the area is strongly advised if at all possible.
It is estimated that this road will remain closed until Sunday 15th May 2016.
Moira Roundabout Road improvements beginning 25 April 2016
Transport NI has announced that a £150,000 road improvement scheme at Moira Roundabout is set to begin on 25 April 2016. Work on the resurfacing scheme will take around 2 weeks to complete and is scheduled to take place at night from 2000 hrs to 0600 hrs Monday – Friday. Access to and from M1 motorway via Moira roundabout at Junction 9 will be closed. A3 Moira Road to Lisburn will also be closed with diversions in operation for all affected traffic.
Co Down, A2 Rostrevor Rd Closed
The A2 Rostrevor road , Warrenpoint is closed to all traffic and pedestrians form 8:00 am Wednesday 13 April until 17:00hrs Friday 13th May.
The closure is expected to cause significant disruption to traffic. All traffic will be diverted via the following routes:-
Diversion for east bound traffic – B7 Upper Dromore Road , B7 Bridge Road, B8 Hilltown Road, B25 Rostrevor Road and A2 Warrenpoint Road.
Diversion for west bound traffic – A2 Rostrevor Road, B25 Kilbroney Road, B8 Newry Road and B7 Chapel Road.
All motorists are advised that local roads in Warrenpoint , in particular the Moygannon Road and Rath Road are not suitable for HGV traffic
Strangford Lough Ferry Service
Normal Service has Resumed - 7.5T weight restriction no longer in place.
Normal Timetable applies from 26/03/16.
First week day sailing will be 07:30 from Strangford & 07:45 from Portaferry.
B102 Stewartstown Road - Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme
As part of the Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme there will be temporary lane closures on Stewartstown Road from the junction with Finaghy Road North, for approximately 2km, to Michael Ferguson Roundabout. Road users should expect delays during the works.
Works are planned in the area throughout 2016
Driving in Adverse Weather
Weather conditions at this time of year bring a number of hazards for the road user including ice, snow, excess surface water and debris from high winds. The police have offered the following advice:
- Allow extra time for your journey
- Slow down and leave plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space than usual between you and the car in front of you.
- Brake gently to avoid skidding. If your wheels start to lock, ease off the brakes.
- Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other motorists and always clear all ice and snow off the car windows before setting out.
- Drive slowly on snow in the highest gear possible.
- Never overtake snowploughs or gritting lorries. The drivers have limited visibility, and you're likely to find the road in front of them worse than the road behind.
- Do not assume your vehicle can handle all conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads.