Welcome to TrafficwatchNI
Traffic Information Service
General Traffic News
Traffic updates will resume here on Tuesday morning at 7:30am. For Bank Holiday weekend 'Emergency News', click on the blue button to the left of the screen.
For 'Strangford Lough Ferry Service Information', click on the purple button on the left of the screen.
Culvert Works - Castlereagh Road, Belfast
In Belfast, the Rivers Agency will be carrying out carriageway reinstatements on the Castlereagh Road between Orby Link and Ormonde Gardens (just on the city side of Grand Parade) following recent culverts works.
Temporary traffic lights will be in place continuously with only one lane open to all traffic from 6pm Saturday 29 August until 5am Monday 31 August. Expect delays.
Similar traffic restrictions will be in place for the following weekend from 6am Sunday 6 until 5am Monday 7 September.
New Traffic Signals and Road Markings - A2 Bangor
In North Down, new traffic signals and spiral road markings are in place at A2 / Gransha Road Roundabout in Bangor. Drivers are advised to approach the junction with due care and attention until they familiarize themselves with the new arrangements.
Busking Festival - Draperstown 30 August
There is a Busking Festival in Draperstown, Co Londonderry on Sunday 30 August. The town street (B47 St Patricks Street) will be closed to traffic from 1pm until late evening to accommodate stages, musicians, artists and amusements. Expect diversions.
Tennent's Vital - Belfast - 29 & 30 August
Tennent’s Vital concerts take place again this year at the Boucher Road playing fields Belfast. Tens of thousands of people are expected to attend the concerts to be held on Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 August. Gates open from 4pm and all shows will finish by 11pm.
- As traffic and parking delays are inevitable, concert goers are advised to use public transport
- There will be no parking, drop off or collections in the immediate area of the concert site
- Traffic restrictions may be imposed on Boucher Road should crowds get too large going to the event
- General parking is available at the King’s Hall with entry via Balmoral Avenue
- To facilitate egress at the end of the concerts, road closures will be in place from 10pm to midnight approximately on Boucher Road, Stockmans Lane and the M1 off slips at J2 Stockmans Lane
- For those using taxis, the taxi pick-up point after each event will be Apollo Road
Airshow - Portrush 5 & 6 September
The Northern Ireland International Airshow 2015 takes place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 September in Portrush on the north coast. Large crowds are expected on both days so allow plenty of time to get there.