Traffic Information Service
General Traffic News
Traffic updates will resume on Monday 3rd August at 7:30am. For weekend 'Emergency News', click on the blue button to the left of the screen.
For 'Strangford Lough Ferry Service Information', click on the purple button on the left of the screen.
Resurfacing Work - M2, Northbound - Belfast
Resurfacing work on the M2 between York St and J1 Fortwilliam is on-going and is expected to be completed by Monday the 17th August.
Preliminary works will begin on the evenings of Thursday 30 July and Friday 31 July when overnight lane closures will be in operation on the M3 westbound and M2 northbound. To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, a number of road closures will be required over weekend periods:
- Work over the weekend from Sat 1st Aug until Mon 3rd Aug has been postponed due to unfavourable weather conditions. Further details of re-scheduled dates will follow on later.
- From 8pm, Saturday 8th August through to 6am, Monday 10th August, approaching from Westlink - three lanes on M2 northbound will be closed. During this period the diversion route will be via York Street, York Road, and Shore Road.
TransportNI has planned the improvements to keep disruption to a minimum, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area. As with all improvements of this nature the scheduled dates are subject to favourable weather conditions.
NI Water Works - Ravenhill Road, Belfast
In Belfast, NI Water is currently repairing and renewing existing sewers in poor condition on Ravenhill Road. Temporary traffic lights are in place continuously until the end of August 2015 between Park Road and Rosetta Roundabout. Expect delays especially at peak times.
A32 Cornagrade Road - Enniskillen
In County Fermanagh, the A32 Cornagrade Road, Enniskillen is closed (town centre direction only) at Johnston Bridges until Friday 28th August due to roadworks.
A diversion is in operation via A32 Irvinestown Rd, A32 Forthill St, Gaol Square, A4 Friths Pass, and Wellington Rd.
Delays are expected so please allow extra time for your journey when travelling in this area.
B23 Hospital Road (Hillhall Road) Closure
In Belfast, the B23 Hospital Road (Hillhall Road) is closed until 2 August to allow major sewer laying, road widening, service relocation, creation of right turn lane and entrance into the proposal redevelopment of the old Belvoir Park Hospital site. The closure being required for safety reasons.
Traffic between Belfast and Lisburn on the B23 will be diverted via the Drumbeg Rd, Upper Malone Road and A55 Milltown Road. Drivers should allow additional time for there journey as the diversion route is likely to be congested. Drivers should also consider using alternative routes such as M1 Junction 2 (Stockmans lane) and the A1 Queensway / Kingway through Dunmurry.
NOTE: access to businesses along Hillhall Road and Ballylesson Road is maintained from the Lisburn direction.
Festival of Flight - Newcastle 8 August
In County Down, the B/E Aerospace Festival of Flight is expected to attract around 100,000 visitors into Newcastle on Saturday 8 August with the main air display starting from 3pm.
- Friday 7 Aug Castle Park will be closed from 8.00am until late Saturday 8 August
- Public Car Parking is available at the normal locations with the exception of Castle Park
- Free Park & Ride will operate from Northfield site on Castlewellan Road, so follow the signs on approach to Newcastle
- Free Park & Walk is available from Dundrum Road so follow the signs on approach to Newcastle
See programme for map and further details. Expect delays in and around Newcastle due to the anticipated volume of traffic attending the airshow. Allow extra time for your journey. Consider alternative routes.