Traffic Information Service
General Traffic News
Traffic updates will resume on Tuesday at 7:30am
For ' Winter Service & Emergency News' click on the blue button on the left of the screen.
B102 Stewartstown Road - Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme
As part of the Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme there will be temporary lane closures on Stewartstown Road from the junction with Finaghy Road North, for approximately 2km, to Michael Ferguson Roundabout. Road users should expect delays during the works.
Works are planned in the area throughout 2016
Strangford Lough Ferry Service
In County Down, the Strangford Lough Ferry will run with a 7.5 ton weight restriction until further notice. There will also be an extra 7:15am sailing from Portaferry Monday to Friday until then.
Driving in Adverse Weather
Weather conditions at this time of year bring a number of hazards for the road user including ice, snow, excess surface water and debris from high winds. The police have offered the following advice:
- Allow extra time for your journey
- Slow down and leave plenty of room to stop. You should allow at least three times more space than usual between you and the car in front of you.
- Brake gently to avoid skidding. If your wheels start to lock, ease off the brakes.
- Turn on your lights to increase your visibility to other motorists and always clear all ice and snow off the car windows before setting out.
- Drive slowly on snow in the highest gear possible.
- Never overtake snowploughs or gritting lorries. The drivers have limited visibility, and you're likely to find the road in front of them worse than the road behind.
- Do not assume your vehicle can handle all conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads.