Traffic Information Service
Security Alert, East Belfast
In East Belfast the Lower Newtownards Road has been closed at its junction with Bridgend due to a security alert in Strand Walk. Diversions are in place.
General Traffic News
Traffic has now eased on all main routes across Belfast.
No other unusal incidents or delays have been reported
For 'Emergency News', click on the blue button to the left of the screen.
For 'Strangford Lough Ferry Service Information', click on the purple button on the left of the screen.
Roadworks - Steeple Road Closure, Antrim
In County Antrim, as part of ongoing works to improvements of the signalised junction at B518 Stiles Way and Steeple Road in Antrim, Steeple Road will be closed between Stiles Way and Bush Manor from Monday 25 May to Sunday 14 June (3 weeks).
There will be no access to Antrim Town from the M2 at J7 (Antrim Hospital). Northbound traffic on the M2 should use J6 (Rathbeg) instead. Southbound traffic on the M22 should use J1 (Dunsilly).
Walk to School Week 2015
Walk to School Week 2015 will be taking place right across Northern Ireland this year from May 18 – 22 and Transport Minister Danny Kennedy is urging all road users to take extra care.
Walk to School Week will see more children than usual walking to and from school as part of an initiative which aims to help pupils discover the health, social and environmental benefits of walking.
Drivers are being asked to take extra care to help make the roads safe by reducing speed, especially around local schools.
To find out more see Walk to School Week or to receive support material to promote walking to school children, contact Travelwise NI on 028 9054 0096 or email email@example.com
Irish Open 2015 - 28th to 31 May
The Irish Open 2015 will be held at Royal County Down Golf Club, Newcastle, from Thursday 28 to Sunday 31 May. The event will attract large crowds and heavy traffic. There will be no public parking at Royal County Down Golf Club. For getting there:
- Additional Belfast to Newcastle Ulsterbus services every half hour during peak times from 26 – 31 May
- Additional Newry to Newcastle Ulsterbus services hourly during peak times from 26 – 31 May
- Special coaches will operate from towns and cities across Northern Ireland from 28 – 31 May, available to book online at www.translink.co.uk/irishopen/
- Scheduled rail services across Northern Ireland to Belfast and Newry with onward travel to Newcastle with Ulsterbus.
- For those travelling by car, a Park & Ride shuttle bus will operate from Northfield on the Castlewellan Road. A Park & Walk facility will be located at Donard Park (Free) and Bryansford GAC (Pre-Paid). Drivers are asked to follow the AA signage to the available car parks.
See Irish Open for full details on how to get there.