Traffic Information Service
General Traffic News
This service is closed. However it will resume on Monday at 7:30am
For ' Emergency News' and information on ongoing incidents click on the blue button to the left of the screen.
Major Maintenance Works M3 Lagan Bridge 12 Aug - 21 Oct 2016
Major maintenance work on the M3 Lagan Bridge began on the 12 August 2016 and is expected to cause delays during nine staggered weekend closures from 12 August - 21 October.
The next planned closures will commence at 11.00 pm on Friday 23 September until 6.00 am on Monday 26 September, and from 11.00 pm on Friday 30 September until 6.00 am on Monday 3 October, approaching from M2 direction the M3 eastbound will be closed.
The diversion route will include Duncrue Street, Corporation Street, Waring Street, Donegall Quay, Queen Elizabeth II Bridge and Middlepath Street.
The work will take place on all four main carriageways of the M3 extending from the junction with the Westlink and the M2 at York Street to the junction with the A2 at Sydenham Bypass, and involves replacing the bridge expansion joints and resurfacing.
Rathgael Rd Roundabout, Bangor CLOSED 24-26 September
The A2 Rathgael Road Rounabout, Bangor will be closed to enable resurfacing works this weekend
- 6am Saturday 24th September to 5:30am Monday 26th September 2016
The approach roads to the roundabout will also be closed for a distance of 50m from the roundabout.
A6 Castledawson Roundabout, Magherafelt CLOSED 24 to 26 Sept
A6 Castledawson Roundabout, Magherafelt will be closed from 9pm on Saturday 24th September to 6am on Monday 26th September.
The road closure will facilitate carriageway surfacing works in association with the Magherafelt Bypass scheme.
Diversion routes will be signposted via the following :
- A6 traffic (Belfast to Londonderry and vice versa) via A6 Hillhead Road, C557 Hillhead Road, C557 Knockloughrim Road, C557 Hillhead Road, Knockloughrim, C557 Knockloughrim Link Road, A6 Glenshane Road and vice versa.
- A31 traffic (Magherafelt to Toome / Belfast and vice versa) via A31 Church Street, C560 King Street, C560 Aughrim Road, B18 Aughrim Road, B18 Creagh Road, B18 Moneynick Road, Toome, A6 Moneynick Road Roundabout and vice versa.
- A31 traffic (Magherafelt to Londonderry and vice versa) via A31 Church Street/Union Street roundabout, U5144 Union Street, U5144 Hospital Road, B42 Tobermore Road, B42 Grange Road, B42 Magherafelt Road, Tobermore, A29 Maghera Road, A29 Tobermore Road, A29 Flyover Slip Road, A6 Glenshane Road and vice versa.
- (Magherafelt to Castledawson traffic and vice versa) via A31 Church Street, C560 King Street, C560 Aughrim Road, C558 Annaghmore Road, A6 Castledawson Bypass Road, C558 Annaghmore Road, C558 Station Road, A54 Main Street and vice versa.
Motorists should be aware that some delay will occur ( 15 mins +) and that additional time should be allowed when planning their journey on this route.
Clifton Road, Bangor CLOSED Mon 19th Sept to 30th Sept
The Clifton Road, Bangor is closed to through traffic from 08:00 on Monday 19th September to 20:00 on Friday 30th September 2016 in relation to works by NIE.
Irish St, Downpatrick CLOSED Mon 12th Sept to Sun 2nd Oct
Irish Street will be closed between its junctions with Market Street/Church Street and Lynn Doyle Place/Edward Street from 7am Monday 12th September 2016 to 7pm Sunday 2nd October 2016.
The closure is to facilitate demolition and street reinstatement works at the former police station.
Access will be facilitated to Irish Street Car Park and the diversion route will be signed with traffic being diverted via A25 Market Street, St Patrick’s Avenue and Stream Street.
Expect delays when travelling in this area.
A20 Alberbridge Road. Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme
As part of the Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme there will be temporary lane closures on the Albertbridge Road, from the junction with Castlereagh Street to the Newtownards Road. Road users should expect delays during the works - Works are planned in the area until Spring 2017
Major stabilisation scheme on the A25 Newry Road, Belleek
A major stabilisation scheme on the A25 Newry Road, Belleek, Co Armagh near the junction with the Cavanakill Road will commence on 25th July for 10 weeks.
In order to facilitate the works, lane closures and a short road closure will be required to complete the works. The dates of the planned closures will be published in advance.
Road users are asked to obey the signage at all times and to continue to cooperate with site personnel in the interests of safety whilst these improvement works are being carried out.
Road users should expect some delays and additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys in this area.
B102 Stewartstown Road - Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme
As part of the Belfast Rapid Transit Scheme there will be temporary lane closures on Stewartstown Road from the junction with Finaghy Road North, for approximately 2km, to Michael Ferguson Roundabout. Road users should expect delays during the works.
Works are planned in the area throughout 2016